We’re nearly to the end of the school year, and now is definitely the time to remind your student to check on grades and with teachers before deadlines for turning in work have passed. You can always check Skyward and Canvas for up-to-date information in each class.
We have a lot of exciting things planned for the last two weeks of school, and we look forward to a lot of fun as we wrap up a year for the history books.
THIS WEEK (Masks Still Required)
Ongoing: BHS Arena Scheduling (more info below)
Monday, May 24
- Theatre Performance @ 6 pm and 7:30 pm
- Calculators checked out from math teachers are due
Tuesday, May 25
- Orchestra Concert @ 7 pm
Wednesday, May 26
- Dance Concert @ 6 pm and 7:30 pm
Thursday, May 27
- Locker Cleanout During 2nd Period
- Band Concert @ 7 pm
- Lagoon Bus Permission Slips Due (9th Grade – Found Here)
- Bingham cross-country team meeting @ 6:30 pm in the Bingham media center
Friday, May 28
- AP Human Geography Test (In seats and ready with charged Chromebooks at 9:30 am)
- Virtual Student Chromebook Return/Checkup (Instructions Below)
NEXT WEEK (Masks Recommended, but not Required)
Monday, May 31
- No School (Memorial Day)
Tuesday, June 1
- Chromebook Return/Checkup (Instructions Below)
Wednesday, June 2
- 9th Grade Memory Books (Given out during 1st, Signing Party during 7th)
- Year-End Assembly (Awards, Performances)
Thursday, June 3
- 9th Grade Lagoon Day (Go to 1st period, purchase your pass online beforehand, and bring lunch or money for lunch)
- 7th & 8th Grade Memory Books (Given out during 1st, Signing Party during 7th)
- 7th & 8th Grade Activity Day (Each class will have activities and sign yearbooks on our regular bell schedule)
- 7th Grade Last Day of School
Friday, June 4
- Virtual Day for Students (No students in the building)
- 8th & 9th Grade Last Day of School – Enjoy a well-deserved break!
All students should plan on bringing their Chromebooks to the media center during their Language Arts class on Tuesday, June 1st. All Chromebooks will be checked for damage and then either checked right back out to the student (7th & 8th Grade, if desired) or checked in to the school (9th Grade).
Virtual Students are welcome to come at any point that day to check them in. Because the mask mandate will be lifted at that point, we will also happily take virtual student Chromebooks this Friday from 9:30 am – 2 pm while the mask mandate is still in effect. Simply check in the main office and bring it to the media center.
Before Checking In
- Remove any stickers you applied
- Wrap up the charger nicely
- Wipe down the outside (not the inside, and spray the cloth and not the Chromebook)
Fees will be assessed for any missing chargers, cracked or damaged screens, excessive wear, missing keys, or a Chromebook missing entirely. And again, 7th & 8th graders can keep their Chromebooks over the summer if they would like, but will still need to bring it to be assessed.
BHS Arena Scheduling
If students have incomplete or incorrect schedules for BHS next year, they can log into skyward and make those adjustments. Arena scheduling will be open now until June 2 at 11:59pm. It will open again Aug. 2 @ 3pm until Aug. 17 @ 11:59pm.
Lagoon Permission Slips Due May 27th
There is no fee to ride the bus, but we do require a signed parent permission slip. They can be found on the school website and in the main office. Actual tickets to Lagoon are purchased online only on Lagoon’s website.