Parent Teacher Student Association
The Purpose of PTA
To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organization that make decisions affecting children. To assist parents in developing their skill they need to raise and protect their children. To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship. To raise the standards of home life. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth. To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate more intelligently in the education of children and youth. To develop between educators and the general public such untied efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, social, and spiritual education.
What Does Utah PTA Do?
- Actively works in schools and communities to improve the lives of all children with a highly diverse volunteer membership which donates thousands of hours of time to benefit the children in local public schools
- Seeks to benefit the education, safety and welfare of children and families by working with local business, organizations and community leaders to develop the common community bonds that further local values and goals and strengthen homes, families, and communities
- Provides an outreach opportunity for parents’ voices through a grass-roots organization that speaks on behalf of children and youth regarding public education
- Advocates for all children following legislative bills that are supported by resolutions
- Is the watchdog organization for School Trust Lands money
- Sponsors programs for children including Reflections, Hope for Tomorrow, Battle of the Bands and Teen Dating Violence Awareness, and Prevention Week, Gold Medal Schools
2022-23 PTSA Board
|Amanda Ray||Legislative VP
|Joann Williams||Membership VP|