The majority of this Skylert is for 9th grade students only.
For everyone else, please make sure that if you haven’t completed registration, please visit our pre-registration page as soon as possible. Please also let us know if you haven’t on that form if you are choosing to attend Kelsey Peak Virtual Middle School or moving.
IMPORTANT 9TH GRADE ANNOUNCEMENTS
9th Grade PCCR/Pre-Registration Meeting for High School Via Canvas
In preparation for 10th grade high school registration, the 9th grade students will complete a pre-registration meeting at home this week through Canvas. This meeting will take approximately 30 minutes, and we ask that students and parents view these materials together as it will answer essential questions about available courses and registration at the high school. Tomorrow in science class, your 9th grade student will receive a registration card from Bingham High School and will learn about the PCCR pre-registration meeting that they will complete on Canvas this week. They can complete the meeting anytime this week with you but will be given time on Friday through their Science class to work on it. This assignment is due Sunday, February 28th at midnight so that your student will be ready to turn in their card. Bingham High School will meet with students on Tuesday, March 2nd in their Science class to complete the high school registration process.
West Jordan High School will be coming on March 16th to drop off registration cards. Even if your child is not attending Bingham High School, please view the information in the Canvas class because it is applicable for all Jordan District High Schools.
If you have additional questions, please contact your child’s counselor.
9th Grade PCCR Pre-Registration Meeting for High School Assignment Steps:
- Go to Canvas and find the Canvas Course titled–9thGR School/Library/Counseling-NICHOLES
- Open the course and click on the button on the Homepage called 9th grade PCCR Pre-Registration Meeting. This will take you to the meeting page with instructions and a link to open up slides with the registration information and videos to watch.
- When done, complete the survey, using the link found on the last page of the slides.
- Bring your registration card with you to Science class on March 2nd for your meeting with the counselors from Bingham High School.
Reminder: BHS Sophomore Orientation is THIS WEEK!
Bingham High School’s Sophomore Orientation is February 25th in the BHS Auditorium – you don’t want to miss it!
IMPORTANT: There will no longer be a live stream for those students and parents unable to attend! We encourage those of you who have not secured a ticket yet to do so to attend one of the in person sessions (there’s still tickets available for both sessions) OR to watch the presentation on the Bingham Counseling website following Orientation.
- Topics covered include registration and scheduling information, graduate requirements, and BHS counselor introductions.
- There will be two sessions. Session #1 will be from 6:00-7:00 PM and Session #2 will be from 7:30-8:30 PM.
- Tickets are required! Tickets can be obtained beginning this Friday, February 12th, at 3:00 PM on the Bingham Athletics Page for either session.
- Tickets will be limited to 350 per session in accordance with Covid-19 restrictions and will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students can only obtain two (2) tickets max – one for the student and one for a parent/guardian. No one will be admitted without a ticket. This includes additional children so parents, please find alternative care for your children if you plan to attend with your 9th grader.
- There will not be an Activities Fair. Instead, please reference the BHS Clubs + Teams List to learn more about all of the fabulous clubs and teams Bingham has to offer. For each club and team, the list includes the advisor’s name and email address, anticipated audition/tryout dates, and a brief description/important information info for each club and team. This list will also be included in each student’s registration packet.
If you have any questions, please call the Bingham Counseling Center at 801-256-5120. The BHS Counselors and Administration look forward to seeing you there!
Bingham Hope Squad Application
Do you enjoy helping and listening to others? The HOPE SQUAD class represents students who promote positivity within the school and community. Hope Squad students receive trainings on suicide prevention, self-care and hopeful living, using the HOPE4UTAH Curriculum, created by Dr. Greg Hudnall.
The HOPE SQUAD class:
- Is an audition class
- Is a YEARlong class
- Is only offered 4th period
- Earns elective credit
If you are interested in applying, please complete the attached application. Please EMAIL or bring in your completed application to Ms. Bair at Bingham High School (email@example.com), Room S106.
Applications are due March 1st.
*** Please note: HOPE SQUAD is an Audition class. Your application goes through a screening process and does not guarantee membership. Students will be notified in March and if approved, your counselor will add this class 4th period.
BINGHAM LATINOS IN ACTION APPLICATION
Applications are open to join the Latinos in Action (LIA) program at Bingham High School for next school year!
- Year-long elective course
- Goal of empowering Latino youth to lead and strengthen their communities through college and career readiness.
- If you would like to know more information about LIA, please review the attached brochure or presentation for further information.
Please submit the attached application via email to Ms. DeVilliers at firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person at Room E233 (at Bingham).
Applications are due MARCH 1st.