Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Location: Zoom Meeting
Invitees: Curtis Jenson, Alishia Huefner, Kelly Adams, Rachel Ferre, Megan Clement, Mindi Allen, Nicole McDermott, and any interested patrons.
- Welcome – Curtis Jenson
- Formal election of Chair, Co-Chair
- Chair: Kelly Adams
- Co-Chair: Mindi Allen
- Approval of last meetings minutes – Kelly Adams
- Megan Clement, Curtis Jenson
- Overview of Land Trust and Teacher Student Access Act (TSSA) – Curtis Jenson
- Land Trust funding ranges between $70,000 - $140,000.
- Tier 1 Instruction
- Instructional Coaching
- 2 teachers split the role of 1 teacher as a coach. Other teachers assist in coaching. All participate in an instructional coaching program.
- Coaching assists teachers with meeting the goals set.
- Discussed if any special funding considerations needed for COVID restrictions
- Choir teacher found high reviewed masks which would cost ~$4,000 and is being reviewed.
- Spent money for masks and water bottles for students since wouldn’t have access to drinking fountains.
- Divided into 3 categories and spending is left up to the school (Professional Development, Other Needs)
- Last year money was spent on Chromebooks to get 1:1
- Principal Update
- Last year made adjustments to hire a PT Teacher for Match Dept to reduce that department class size.
- Feedback from attendees:
- Students are enjoying the free Elk Ridge gear. Used money normally allocated for School Store and money earned for reward system to align with COVID restrictions.
- Parents appreciating involvement with activities such as in-school Orchestra concerts
- Counseling Center Update
- Shout out to Mr. Jenson for his support and leadership during this uniquely difficult school year.
- District has allowed for flexibility for household decisions for education, but has created challenges with scheduling.
- Held Suicide Prevention with students. Broke out with each of the grades and had specific topics to differentiate with needs.
- Feedback to include these kinds of updates in the weekly Skyalert emails.
- Confirm Schedule of Next Meeting – December 2, 2020 at 4:00 PM